Friday 5 November 2010

That polished look

I have had a love affair with nailpolish for many many years now. As long as I could afford to I would collect polishes in every colour of the rainbow. At 14 I was particularly proud of a milky turquoise I picked up for €1 at a discount store. One Christmas I got a box of about 15 different colours, I was in heaven. At 17 I experimented with mixing colours and managed to come up with one really good concoction.

Now, I love OPI nailpolish. Their Nail Envy does wonders for my nails, when I can afford it. They also have an amazing range of colours. They also do some cool collaborations. Besides loving nailpolish, I've also loved Christina Aguilera for a very long time (with the exception of her latest album). So, of course when I saw that OPI was releasing a Burlesque collection, I had to check it out.
I'm especially enamoured with the burnt orange colour. Would look so good paired with my fantasy 70s inspired outfits. Not too coocoo about the two light pinks though, a tad too flashy for fall. The sparkly green is perfect for pairing with falling leaves.
Too bad I'm not in a position to spend almost ten pounds on a pot of polish ...

No comments:

Post a Comment